View previous topic
Add To Favorites
pauldelossantos
Participant

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
Good day everyone!

I have a requirement that needs to remove a user’s permission in Salesforce. The parallel job design is below:

Dataset -> Salesforce Connector Stage

The Dataset stage only has one column, the Id field which is used as key to delete records in Salesforce. The salesforce connector connects to the PermissionSetAssignment object, a standard object.

When I run the job, the record gets deleted on the object. I have validated this thru salesforce workbench. The weird thing is the job aborts and the error message displayed is “invalid record id; no recycle bin entry found”. I’m sure that this record is still existing in Salesforce before the job executes.

Here’s what I have done so far:
- Tried to delete another record in Salesforce but same error is displayed.
- Tried using different API versions of Salesforce but same error is displayed.
- Tried using other columns as keys (AssigneeID, PermissionSetID) but the job fails since field Id is the only one required.
- I noticed the same error message is displayed when I use the Purge function on salesforce workbench (deleting records on the recycle bin). Does the delete function on the Salesforce connector also performs a Purge function?

I’d like to know if deleting records on a standard salesforce object is possible in Datastage or am I just missing something in my design?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic