Scheduling a job with an override

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhushan
Participant

Scheduling a job with an override

Post by bhushan »

Hi everyone ,
i have one scenario i want to schedule a parallel or sequencer which needs to run daily through director (not using any scheduler tool )at 12.01am only once if someone wants to trigger a job in between then its not suppose to run and need to trigger email notification .its a" high priority job cannot run".is there any way to solve this problem.
thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Moderator note: I changed your original subject of "data" to something a bit more relevant to your question. Hopefully.

Leaving aside the fact that the Director is itself a "scheduler tool", let me try to understand your requirement. The actual act of scheduling something to run once a day at a specific time shouldn't be an issue. So are you saying that if someone runs this job during the day then the scheduled version should not run and instead send out the email you noted?

If that's the case then it would need to be a Sequence job that conditionally runs the Parallel job in question because it will run at the scheduled time. You'll need to build in a mechanism to detect that but let's confirm what exactly it is you need to do before we dive too deep.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm assuming differently - that you don't want the manually-submitted job to run if it's a scheduled job. Please confirm whether Craig's or my assumption is correct.

Second question: can the job have the knowledge that it is scheduled assumed, or does the job (sequence) have to check to determine whether or not it is scheduled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.