Windows 10:DS Client/Server Connection authentication fails

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DataWeazle
Participant

Windows 10:DS Client/Server Connection authentication fails

Post by DataWeazle »

The Datastage 11.3 server is installed on OS solaris
5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc sun4v.

Under Windows 7 client everything is running properly.

but we must migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (company policy).

After the migration of the client OS I did a Installation of the DS client.
The installation procedure ran successfully.

But after the installation I fail to authenticate the client against the server:

Do I have to do additional things, besides entering der DNS of the server in the /etc/hosts file?

Error message:
<<<
Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Services Tier

Could not connect to server [<name>] on port [9443].[<name>]:[9443]is not reachable. Ensure that the server [<name>] can be resolved and that communication on port [9443] between this machine and the server is not blocked.
>>>

It concerns all environments (DEV, TEST, PROD). As it concerns DEV, I can exclude a firewall-problem.

I use port 9443

Does anybody work with the environment DS Server 11.3 and Windows 10 client?

Thank you, for your support!
Martin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, at least it now supports "Windows 10 Enterprise x86-64" so if that's what you have I would suggest opening a support case. Unless someone with relevant experience wanders by and can help, of course.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We run 11.3 on Windows 10 clients. The last time I checked, this was an unsupported combination. Make sure you have Windows local administrator privileges.

When installing clients and patches and fix packs and service packs onto Windows 10, we have to use the -force option or else we run into problems.

Have you tried logging in using your server's IP address instead of the host name? We also have to manually update our local Windows' hosts files (on the client tier). This varies according to your environment. Based on your error, I wonder if you need to do this too.

Sometimes we run into needing to do this step:
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg21633157
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius