file connector schema file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gius
Participant

file connector schema file

Post by Gius »

Hello,
I'm trying to use a file connector to write a file but using a schema file and run time column propagation.

I need to use a schema file as my output delimiter will depend on the type of file I will generate as output.

I've read that for this I have to create a file, with the <output_file_name>.osh
For example if my output file name is :GBR_PERSON_100.txt
then the schema file should be : GBR_PERSON_100.txt.osh
Like this :
GBR_PERSON_100.txt.osh
record
{final_delim=end, delim='#', quote=double}
(
)

BUT this does not work.
Any idea of how to create a schema file for a file connector ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What doesn't work about it? What errors / issues are you seeing? At this point just trying to gather diagnostic information so that those who have dealt with similar scenarios before (hint: that's not me, unfortunately) can provide more cogent help.

ps. At the very least, I can tell you that you need to provide all of the file's field/column definitions in the schema file so the RC has something to P. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Gius
Participant

Post by Gius »

yes, it did not work the schema file method. If I put in the schema file the delimiter "#" for the fields, this did not work, I had in the output file the "|".

Yes I used the RC then I suppose that with a file connector, using a schema file with RC it does not work.

Thank You -
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry but again all you are saying is "it doesn't work" with no details. What error messages are you seeing? No-one here can help guide you to get this working without knowing that. And have you involved your official support provider yet?

I would suggest posting your schema file again, in full this time.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers