Date Parameter Usage in Parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chakkara
Participant

Date Parameter Usage in Parallel job

Post by chakkara »

I have a requirement to pass timestamp value which I got it from unix command in sequence job. One of the parallel jobs required parameter to be passed into it.

But sequence job got failed because of Invalid param/limit value. Kindly suggest how to handle this scenario and pass date time value.

Value which I am trying to pass is in this format : 2018-01-07T14:30:03.832-0700

In parallel job I have defined this parameter as string datatype and appended quotes then also it was getting aborted with the same reason.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It would need to be a string parameter in the Sequence job as well. The "T" separator, the milliseconds and time zone are issues that would cause the error noted if you used any other type. Shouldn't be a need for quotes either. Pass it as a string and convert it inside the Parallel job... if indeed it needs to be converted at all.

What is your target for this string? How do you plan/need to handle both the milliseconds and the time zone? The "T" is simple to convert to a space or whatever else you may need to do with it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alternately you could look into changing the expected timestamp format. The project default is set in the Administrator client, but this can be overridden at the job level, or when applying timestamp (and timestamp conversion) functions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.