Not able to map list in the same level in Hierarchial Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusercs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Not able to map list in the same level in Hierarchial Stage

Post by dsusercs »

All,

I have a problem for which my search in Internet didn't yield any posts. I'm sure that this might have been already solved by somebody and may be I'm making a very small mistake.

I have an xml from which I have to create a text file and I'm using Hierarchial Stage to do this.

I have an XML of the Structure below,
/ns1:Document/ns1:BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn/ns1:Ntfctn/ns1:Ntry/ns1:NtryDtls/ns1:TxDtls/ns1:RltdPties/ns1:Cdtr/ns1:Id/ns1:PrvtId/ns1:Othr/ns1:Id/text()

I have mapped currently "ns1:Othr" to List - outputlink, since this is the bottom most element and can map most of the fields except the below;

/ns1:Document/ns1:BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn/ns1:Ntfctn/ns1:Ntry/ns1:NtryDtls/ns1:TxDtls/ns1:RmtInf/ns1:Ustrd/text()
/ns1:Document/ns1:BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn/ns1:Ntfctn/ns1:Ntry/ns1:NtryDtls/ns1:TxDtls/ns1:Chrgs/ns1:Amt/text()

From the redbooks, I understand that elements that are under different lists, with the lists being at the same level cannot be mapped. So I have used another parser step. But when I use Union, I have the option to import schema only from the library as an XSD. But what I need is a text file. This is where I'm lost. Hope somebody can offer some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.