performance data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

perspicax
Premium Member
Premium Member

performance data

Post by perspicax »

I wanted to enable record performance data to view the performance data as a graph using the tool in director. To do this I went to DS designer client, opened the job I wanted to collect the stats, under the job properties/Execution tab added the following line under Advanced runtime options:

-padd /folder1/folder2/folder3/

The job aborted when I ran after recompiling. The error message in the director isn't clear.

Is there any other setting that I need to look into?

Thanks
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

any reason you are not using the data that is collected automatically in the DSODB database?
perspicax
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by perspicax »

I am new to DS. I do not know how to use it. I bumped into this tool within director which seems to have a set predefined reports on the data it collects in a directory indicating the performance of each stages and (nodes?) in the job. I would like to enable the report for the few jobs that resource intensive.

Could you please point me to the document if there is one on how to use DSODB data to measure the performance?

Thanks
perspicax
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by perspicax »

I figured this out. I was following IBM KB which was not correct for enabling this at the project level. It worked after I set the value (path) $APT variable and specifying this in the job

Will enabling this for all the jobs degrade the performance of ETL during the batch load?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The short answer is "yes", I would assume. To some degree. However, don't think anyone could quantify that for you unless they have already done what you are contemplating...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers