RCP error with schema files and updates

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

RCP error with schema files and updates

Post by deesh »

Hi,

I too facing same issue as noted here. Using RCP in my job without defining the columns in job , executing the job with schema files, if i use only Insert job working fine.

If i use update then insert with the key's(columns in file) throwing same above error, could some one suggest how to resolve the issue.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You have just resurrected a 6 year old dead thread rather that starting a new one...

Have you tried turning on $OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS for a Job run to see what columns are actually being copied via RCP?

While the NZ connector doesn't Need to know about key columns when performing an insert Operation, it does Need the keys for an update and I recall that this wasn't stored as part of the Schema file.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, let's do something about the necro, shall we? Split out into your very own topic.

I for one would like you to post your actual error and confirm for us your job design... is this still about Netezza? Probably doesn't matter in the long run, I assume the issue isn't specific to that particular connector.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers