Assistance in getting started in DataStage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tricampeon81
Participant

Assistance in getting started in DataStage

Post by tricampeon81 »

Good afternoon friends,
I am new in DataStage and I need to know if someone has a manual to start from scratch .. from how to upload a text file to the most complex they think they can help me ??
dfgdfg
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you checked the online documentation available? They can be downloaded as pdf files as well and those all seem to be available in Spanish. Wasn't sure which 8.x version you have, here is the main entry point. Scroll down to find your version and click on the documentation link, then the one for DataStage. I'm thinking the "InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage: Development" section would be of the most interest for you based on your post.

If not, please clarify what you are looking for.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tricampeon81
Participant

Post by tricampeon81 »

thank you very much for the answer, I look for some document that starts from the easiest
dfgdfg
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Youtube has some videos you might want to view.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to start new posts when you have new questions / issues. I'll split this question out into the PX forum this time... see you on the other side.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Welcome to DataStage!

As noted above, short of taking a formal class, there is a lot of good information out there, from IBM and from the user and partner community...just a quick search of "getting started with datastage" in google yields a lot of links to basic material from all kinds of sources! Then come back here too if you have issues or get stuck.....but I'm not sure exactly how to find such resources directly in Spanish....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Unfortunately , most of the documentation, videos and manuals out there are in English (including this site).

Though IBM stopped producing manuals after 11.3, the 11.3 ones are still mostly current and are still very usable, and more importantly, are available in multiple languages.

InfoSphere Information Server Version 11.3 product documentation
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg27041358

If you look at that link you'll see a list of Spanish guides at the bottom on the right. I'd recommend downloading them all.

Good luck!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020