ISS 11.5 FP1 Connection to SAP/HANA

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

ISS 11.5 FP1 Connection to SAP/HANA

Post by sjfearnside »

I have reviewed the posting here that I could find that reference this topic but have found no solutions.

I followed the IBM instructions here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21692276

Here is system
IIS 11.5 FP1
Repository: Oracle 12c

=> I FTP'd the HANA client to the Engine tier server to a /temp direcotry
=> I installed the HANA Client using hdbinst while having root access
HANA client installed here => /usr/sap/hdbclient
=> I have add the HANA client directory to the dsenv file
#HANA Connection Libraries. 20180320. $JF
HANA_HOME=/usr/sap/hdbclient; export HANA_HOME
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HANA_HOME:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

=> Here is the file allocated in the jobs Evironment variable settings:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/dat/projects/env4/APR_QA/RT_BP1.O:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSParallel:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_lib:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/opt/dat/projects/env4/APR_QA/buildop:/usr/sap/hdbclient:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/biginsights/IHC/c++/Linux-amd64-64/lib:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/jdk/jre/lib/amd64/j9vm:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/jdk/jre/lib/amd64:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/opt/app/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86_64:/opt/dat/oracle/client/product/12.1.0/client_1/lib:/ds/dsinsc1/sqllib/lib:/ds/dsinsc1/sqllib/bin:/usr/lib:.:/lib

=> Here is the uvodbc.config file from the project:
<HANA_DEV>
DBMSTYPE = ODBC

=> Here is the .odbc.ini entry:
[HANA_DEV]
Driver=/usr/sap/hdbclient/libodbcHDB.so
UID=IISUSR
PWD=
SERVERDB=<dbname>
SEVERNODE=<servername>:30015
DriverUnicodeType=1

I am receiving the following error message:
ODBC_Connector_0: ODBC function "SQLConnect" reported: SQLSTATE = 08S01: Native Error Code = -10,709: Msg = [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB SO][HDBODBC] Communication link failure;-10709 Connect failed (no reachable host left)
ODBC function "SQLConnect" reported: SQLSTATE = IM006: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (CC_OdbcConnection::connect, file CC_OdbcConnection.cpp, line 584)

Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks

P.S. I have opened a ticket with support but they are slow. If IBM answers the question I will add the solution found to my post.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In general first thing I would check with a connection failed / host unreachable type of error is to check for a firewall
in the way between your server and the database server on the specified port.

One way you can check is from your DataStage server's command line, use the telnet command with syntax:
telnet db_server_hostname_or_IP_address db_port_number.

Also check that db_server_name resolves correctly from your DataStage server and/or try using the db server's IP address instead of the name.

Check with your network/firewall people to see if they need to create a new rule to allow that traffic.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

There was a typo in the .odbc.ini file.

Typed SEVERNODE instead of SERVERNODE. Corrected and fixed.

=> SEVERNODE=<servername>:30015 <=

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So the sever node gave it the chop? :lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.