Intermittent ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DonAtCleverspeck
Premium Member
Premium Member

Intermittent ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver error

Post by DonAtCleverspeck »

We are getting some strange behavior while running our jobs. They seem to fail intermittently. Sometimes they complete. When they do fail and we rerun them, then it ends up running through. Here is a sample of an error that I'm getting:

tblTable: ODBC function "SQLEndTran(SQL_ROLLBACK)" reported: SQLSTATE = 08S01: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM (Datadirect OEM)][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Unexpected Network Error. ErrNum = 10054 (CC_OdbcConnection::rollback, file CC_OdbcConnection.cpp, line 1,265) ODBC function "SQLEndTran(SQL_ROLLBACK)" reported: SQLSTATE = 08S01: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM (Datadirect OEM)][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Unexpected Network Error. ErrNum = 10054 (CC_OdbcConnection::rollback, file CC_OdbcConnection.cpp, line 1,265)

Any ideas?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not to sound flippant but as stated in the error message (and your post subject) you have an intermittent - i.e. "unexpected" - network error, something you should engage your network folks to assist with. Have they attempted to help you with this yet? When I've been in situations like that, they've hung a sniffer in the network so they can monitor all of the traffic over the course of several days. Then they can hone in on the dates/times when your failures occur.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers