ODBC error "String index out of range: -1"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

HemaV
Participant

ODBC error "String index out of range: -1"

Post by HemaV »

For ODBC source connection in my datastage job I'm getting error as "String index out of range: -1" when i try to import the job to different server.

I see that in Generated OSH script the below line. Not sure is it because of that the issue is occuring.

"#################################################################
#### STAGE: ODBC_PS
## Operator
pxbridge
## Operator options
-XMLProperties '<?xml version=\'1.0\' encoding=\'UTF-16\'?><Properties version=\'1.1\'><Common><Context type=\'int\'>1</Context><Variant type=\'string\'>3.5</Variant><DescriptorVersion type=\'string\'>1.0</DescriptorVersion><PartitionType type=\'int\'>-1</PartitionType><RCP type=\'int\'>0</RCP></Common><Connection><DataSource type=\'string\'><![CDATA[[&"Conn.ip_ODBC"]]]></DataSource><Username type=\'string\'><![CDATA[[&"ps_Merlin_Conn.ip_USERNAME"]]]></Username><Password type=\'string\'><![CDATA[[&"ps_Merlin_Conn.ip_PASSWORD"]]]></Password></Connection><Usage><GenerateSQL type=\'bool\'><![CDATA[0]]></GenerateSQL><EnableQuotedIDs type=\'bool\'><![CDATA[0]]></EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement type=\'string\'><![CDATA[SELECT
"

Kindly let me know if this value needs to be changed