Any limit on XML Schema Library size?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asorrell

Any limit on XML Schema Library size?

Post by asorrell »

I am assisting a client with loading some highly qualified XML schemas that came from a vendor. The schemas contain import statements to load other "sub"-schemas. And of course, the sub-schemas have numerous imports that nest down even further.

It's a poor design in that the included sub-schemas have numerous definitions that aren't used in the main XML document definition, but are just "lumped in" because the designer needed one element definition.

In looking at this, just one XML document seems to include over 300 imports when all the sub-sub-sub-schemas are included.

In total, there's about 1,000 XSD's in the library, and it looks like most of them will need to be loaded. After they are loaded we're going to have to manually edit the "file location" to match expected path, so it's quite a bit of work.

Anyone tried loading that many XSD's in a single library?
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not me, and I'd be pushing back to get the minimal XSD supplied.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I have loaded some rediculously big ones.....but in the 100s, not thousands. It eill just cause you grief in performancex editingx step development and more.

We have the schema view feature, assumung you van get this beast to load at least once, but thats rediculous......either [1] have them cut it down or [2] if you really are only deali g with a tiny subset, evaluate use of xmlInput Stage instead, especially if you are reading.

Search thr forum here.....I am quite sure we have discussed the various pros and cons.....of thst stage vs hierarchical.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>