Trying to connect to RDS Postgres on Amazon AWS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ep_datastage
Participant

Trying to connect to RDS Postgres on Amazon AWS

Post by ep_datastage »

Can I connect directly to RDS Postgres in Amazon AWS ? I have DS 11.3. If so, which type of connector do I use ? Thanks Rick
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Try configuring your ODBC driver in the .odbc.ini file if your DataStage server is on UNIX or Linux. There is a PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver available. Then use the ODBC Connector stage in your jobs. Make sure there aren't any firewalls blocking the database connection.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ep_datastage
Participant

Post by ep_datastage »

Thanks. I had been using a jdbc connection for regular postgres, but are you saying that I should try the ODBC connection for RDS Postgres ?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I was just pointing out that a PostgreSQL ODBC driver is available, and therefore I would expect it to work. It should not matter that the database is hosted on Amazon. I have not connected to that type of database myself but I have over the years used many other built in ODBC drivers with the Connector stage. If you have already had success with a JDBC connection then you might as well continue using it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius