Advanced Routine Scheduling?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jackson.eyton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Advanced Routine Scheduling?

Post by jackson.eyton »

Hi guys,
I have created a series of jobs to process some customer submitted files. I have the sequence set to watch for the file and begin processing once it's seen. My issue is that I don't know when the client will submit the file, and if they will be submitting more than one per day. I had assumed I could do something like set the Wait for File to timeout after 5 minutes or so, and use the scheduler to have it scheduled to run every 5 minutes. It only takes the job a minute or so to process and relocates the source file so it won't re-run the same source file. I see now in the scheduler that the most frequent recurrence I could set is every 24 hours, is that right?
-Me
jackson.eyton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jackson.eyton »

So.... I am an idiot. Solved my issue... I set the sequence job to NOT timeout waiting for the file and to have it run itself once successfully completed.... :oops:
-Me
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

For what it's worth, on UNIX/Linux anyway, you can schedule a repeating job to run daily, then you can go to the server's command line, as the same user, and edit the crontab entry and manually edit the schedule that Director created and make it run every 5 or 10 minutes, or hourly, etc. Just don't expect the Director GUI to be able to display your scheduling tweaks.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius