Stored Procedure stage with Longvarchar (CLOB)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hey, if anyone else has something to add, please feel free. I could be way off base here and missing something, over-thinking or over-complicating this. It's been known to happen. Once in a great while. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

why dont you write the result set from the stored proc to a table in a before stage proc call and then read the xmltype using XMLSERIALIZE(DOCUMENT columnname) oracle function - you could use an oracle connector stage perhaps ? ? Again i'm not sure of you need to execute this on a per row basis - but you could as well write the input argument to a table and the do the above to storoe the xml results . Yeah not ideal , but if almost 17 years of datastage development have taught me, 30% of ETL use cases involve such 'workarounds'.

As yet i don't see either a clob or the more likely 'clod'! datatype in datastage column metadata definitions :(