Add To Favorites
subashri

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
Hi ,

I am getting the following error when trying to join two tables each having 40 million records .
Source 1 -->Checksum-->Join (Primary link )
Source 2 --> Join (reference )

No other complex transformation involved. The Partition is Auto on the Join stage .Job runs on 4 Node in Big Integ environment.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: APT_IOPort: read failed on [fd 5: L16.34.70.10:40212, R16.34.70.10:11028], errno 104 (Connection reset by peer)

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Virtual data set.; input to "inserted tsort operator {key={value=C1, subArgs={asc, nulls={value=first}, cs}}, key={value=C2, subArgs={asc, nulls={value=first}, cs}}, key={value=C3, subArgs={asc, nulls={value=first}, cs}}, key={value=C4, subArgs={asc, nulls={value=first}, cs}}, key={value=C5, subArgs={asc, nulls={value=first}, cs}}}(1)": getRecord DM read error; returning false.

Please help .

Thanks,
chulett

Premium Poster

since January 2006

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Well... the first bit of advice in situations like this is always going to be to add $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to the job and set it to TRUE. This will allow you to know what the actual origin of the error is.

And this probably isn't important but I'm not really sure what a "Big Integ environment" is. Confused

I know I don't say this enough, but I like when you talk to me. It's much better than when nobody talks to me. Or when people that I don't like will not stop talking to me.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
subashri

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:10 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Hi Craig,
Issue is resolved by adding the env variable . I think this will impact the job performance since combining is disabled .
I am just eager to know if there is any other work around with out impacting the job performance.

By d way , I was trying to shorten the term Big Integrate in my original post Smile

Thanks for your help
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
chulett

Premium Poster

since January 2006

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Just so you know, that variable was not meant to solve anything, simply help with debugging by stopping the operator combining that the underlying framework does to make things more efficient. The end goal was simply to move from an error message from "APT_CombinedOperatorController" to the actual operator with the issue.

Others that have been in the same situation can chime in with advice on what to do next. I'd suggest opening a support case and let them know what's going on, see what they suggest. Are you current on your fix packs for your version?

I know I don't say this enough, but I like when you talk to me. It's much better than when nobody talks to me. Or when people that I don't like will not stop talking to me.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
qt_ky

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

I would second Craig on that. Your error is likely intermittent and will happen again. It would help to prepare and open a Support case about it.

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic