Hiding specific columns

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mjohnson62982
Participant

Hiding specific columns

Post by mjohnson62982 »

I have job that is gathering data on members of different locations within our corporation. For one location we do not need to have email field to show up. Is there a way to hide that field if the specific location is chosen from the list parameter before the job is run?
Respectfully,
Matt Johnson
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you clarify for us what "hide" means here?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mjohnson62982
Participant

Post by mjohnson62982 »

I don't want the E-mail Address column to be seen for a specific location.
Respectfully,
Matt Johnson
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Was hoping for a bit more information than that. By "seen" you mean not included in whatever your job is outputting, I assume, yes? And if that just means you want that column/field left empty/blank/null in the output, that should be pretty easy to accomplish. Leaving out the entire column could be another kettle of fish.

You should be able to setup a list parameter and based on which they choose, in the derivation for that output column you send spaces (or whatever) to that output column. Now, that will mean for every column in the list, you'll need to have a check in the matching column's derivation but they all will be very similar. Something like:

if #ListChoice# = <current column's name> then SPACES else <current value>

Hope that makes sense.
-craig

mjohnson62982
Participant

Post by mjohnson62982 »

Yes. Sorry. I wanted to know if the customer chose a specific location then the column for the customers emails would no longer be visible, or not included in the output at all.
Respectfully,
Matt Johnson
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okie dokie... if that doesn't help or you have any other questions, please let us know.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If, instead of an empty email field, you require no email field at all, you need to use separate outputs, triggered by the relevant job parameter value.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

sounds like a good place for a modify stage and RCP.
The final output can be RCP and you can drop the columns in the modify right before?