Issue running job using dsjob in command line

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chandu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue running job using dsjob in command line

Post by chandu123 »

I have a simple DS job and I am trying to run it from the command line using DS job as below but it is not running. Both client and server are installed on the same machine on which I am trying to run. Please advise.

Command used:

Code: Select all

D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin>dsjob -run -jobstatus project_test copy_job
It is not showing any error/message
HB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are the project name and job name correctly spelled and, importantly, cased? (Project names and job names are case sensitive.)

Have you sourced the dsenv script before running dsjob command?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ray, isn't the dsenv script only on a UNIX server?

Have you tried passing in credentials on the command line - domain, user, password - to see if that changes the behavior?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I think the issue is far simpler.

the DSJOB command SHOULD have given you an error if something wasn't right in terms of a bad parm.

The primary reason where it would NOT spit out an error message is if you never called it to begin with. So perhaps someone put a dummy dsjob command in your PATH before your tool path and you are calling a fake program that would not echo anything back to you.