Failed domain trusted login

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

edisrjm
Participant

Failed domain trusted login

Post by edisrjm »

Till early Nov I was able to create new projects in Administrator, now I can't.
IBM Support flumuxed! Spent hours with them.
The only thing I know has changed was the server was moved to a new data centre about 17 Nov and the IP address changed.
IBM Support thinks the old IP address is stuck somewhere, probably in xmeta, and the only way to fix the problem is a complete uninstall-install, xmeta and all.
Note that the IP address was never explicitly used during the install and configuration process.

Any ideas on how to resolve this without a reinstall?

Windows Server 2012 R2 (on a VM)
SQL Server 2014 R2 (for xmeta)
IIS 11.5
WAS Network Deployment

Standalone LDAP server for user authentication
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

My only ideas may be long shots... It seems like Information Server does a lot of self-talk. Is there any chance a firewall is blocking some of the self-talk from the server back to itself on the new IP address, or perhaps one of many DNS servers is out of sync and needs the new IP address plugged in? Is your local hosts file on the server updated with the new IP?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And creating a new project is the only thing not working for you post move? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Timato
Participant

Post by Timato »

Maybe abit late, but i ran into a similar issue a while back.

Unfortunately the client got fed up and we went down the reinstall route before the solution was sent to us.

At that site, the Services + Engine tiers were installed first. Once completed, a following install was invoked for the Client tier but the installer erroneously pointed the install path to a random path within the \ibm\informationserver\ directory instead of the 'clients' subdirectory it defaults to. The solution was to uninstall the client 'version' of IIS and reinstall on a separate machine or by adding the client tier through control panel/uninstall.