IA Custom DataClass not returning example data

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

stuartjvnorton
Participant

IA Custom DataClass not returning example data

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi all,

Hopefully this is just me missing a step in the process somewhere, but here goes...

I have created a custom DataClass in IGC. It's a regex and has been tested externally to work just fine. It has been enabled.

It appears and is enabled in IA under the analysis settings
I run CA over a column with data that I know will match.
I go to the DataClass tab and my custom DataClass shows up as having around 500 hits. Problem is, none of the Example Data Values appear in the panel to the right. 0 - 0 of 0.

The other (standard) DataClasses return example data, just not the one I created.

Is there some gotcha I need to know about? ie some field I need to make sure I have populated in IGC, etc.
Or is this a known issue with the product?

TIA,
Stuart.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Umm... have you specified that the output will be non-matches only, and all your data meet the rule specification? (A shot in the dark, I admit.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi Ray, thanks for the reply.

This is just in column analysis. I have the DataClass defined and enabled in IGC, and it's listed in the IA analysis settings and selected. It's also a regex-based DataClass.

I have a few thousand records in the table, and about 500 are identified as my DataClass, along with matches against some of the other standard DataClasses.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ah. Now I understand. Alas I don't have much more to contribute (not on 11.5 on my current site).

Clearly your data class is working OK, so I'm going to call bug in that IA cannot return the count or the records that are thus classified.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Does your regex work at http://java-regex-tester.appspot.com/?
Regards,
Robert
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi guys,

Yes, I've tested the regex and it works.

I think this one is on me. Someone had made a change to the settings to reuse the IADB tables, and the generate FD tables is mutually exclusive to that.
I switched it over and re-ran CA and I had them.

Still interesting that the standard DataClasses had example data and my custom one did not when the FD generation was turned off. Maybe it was showing old example data? Unsure.