Analysis Database settings taking too much time

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Analysis Database settings taking too much time

Post by bhargav_dd »

Hi All,

I have created an ODBC connection in Oracle and trying to validate same connection while connecting to IA under Configuration/Analysis settings but it is taking too much time to validate settings. Finally I am receiving timeout connection. When I tried to enter same credentials in Oracle it is connecting in seconds.

Please let me know how to proceed on this.
bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bhargav_dd »

Hi All,

Finally i got msg saying Error Read timed out but using same credentials i am able to import data from IMAM and create new import connection in IMAM
bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bhargav_dd »

Hi All,

Whenever i tried to run a new rule and see DataStage Director shows PXValidation jobs Queued.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

bhargav_dd wrote:Whenever i tried to run a new rule and see DataStage Director shows PXValidation jobs Queued.
That's what I'd expect. Your DataStage Workload Management system uses queues to prevent jobs from running if the system is too heavily loaded.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bhargav_dd »

Hi Ray,

I have already checked Workload management settings and there is no job running on my project except my job which went in queue
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Describe your server CPUs and memory. Are your server resources near, at, or below the minimum system requirements?

Try changing the Workload Management system policies. At least one of the settings should be highlighted in red while you jobs queue. If you are really low on memory, then change the memory usage setting, and so on.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Lets first insure that the connection is configured correctly.

Try this to insure it is configured correctly:

Testing ODBC connectivity
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... tions.html
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020