This topic has been marked "Resolved."
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 8x
Job Type: Server
hi all
I am currently developing our DW with data architect V9.1 and infosphere server V9.1.
from what i know you can transfer matadata between InfoSphere Data Architect and the metadata repository of InfoSphere Information Server via IBM InfoSphere Data Architect MetaBroker bridge. however i can't find the bridge on data architect or metadata asset manager, and I couldn't find the download on IBM website.
so does anyone can tell me where i can download it?
thanks
H
eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

It's more likely that you haven't yet configured your Metadata Asset Manager to talk to a Metadata Interchange Server that is on a Windows Client. This will be the most likely case if the only ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

or should I install the Metadata Interchange Agent on the engine tier?

eostic wrote:
It's more likely that you haven't yet configured your Metadata Asset Manager to talk to a Metadata Interchange Server that is on a Windows Client.

This will be the most likely case if the only brid ...

hi Eostic
I think your quite right, I installed import and export manager on my client pc, agent port is 19443. but i didn't register my client pc as a metadata interchange server that could be the problem, and may i ask you couple questions:
1. so in order to import and export between data architect and metadata manager, should i configure my CLIENT PC as a interchange server?
2. if all our developers need to do the same thing, is that means we need configure every client pc as a interchange server?
3. should i also install the interchange server on engine tier? or it already installed at the first place? is the same to the installation on client tier (pc)?
4. to register it as interchange server, what should i put in the host? is it should be the service tier name or engine tier name? and what's the port number? i used default port number when i install the servers.

sorry for these basic questions, thanks so much for your help
H
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

The metadata interchange server for things like IDA (and cognos, etc) must be on windows. Whether that windows machine "happens" to also be an engine will depend on your overall configuration. The ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

thanks eostic, finally i can see your post
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

hi Ernie
i am back. unfortunately it still doesn't work.
here is what i have done so far:
1. i download fix pack 9.1.2 and 2 roll up files
2. install the fix pack
3. install client tier on engine vm. for the current topology metadata tier and service tier are on same vm, and engine tier on another vm, both of them run on window 2008 r2 OS.
4. add new product model: metadata interchange and bridge
5. install the 2 rollup files. now it shows the current version is 9.1.2 on all tiers .
6. I also installed client tier on my local pc and register it as interchange server. so there are 2 interchange servers one on engine vm another on my local pc

i felt i am close, but don't know why it still doesn't work?
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

i can see 2 interchange servers on my administration screen
one is engine another is local pc

the agent port is not set on engine host, if I set the port number to 19443 and it give me an error on the import area:
[CDIMR3805E] An error occurred while retrieving the list of import bridges or connectors. Could not get the list of supported brokers. ; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

CDIMR3805E means Client and server version and fixpack level mismatch. But I install the fix pack they should be all in same version, plus I saw this message when I assign a port number to engine machine first time, back then I didn’t install any fix pack, they all at version 9.1. so I don’t think that’s the problem.
[/img]
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
qt_ky

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

We used to get a similar error which turned out to be caused by a firewall blockage between Information Server and the "server" that runs on the Client PC. The error is somewhat generic, so you may need to check and open firewalls, as Ernie mentioned above, "you need a clear connection from your Server," or your error may be caused by something different too.

abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:26 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

thanks Eric
so if it is firewall problem that means if you log on the IMAM from the VM server you should see the right options?
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
chulett

Premium Poster

since January 2006

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Abyss - please use the Reply to topic button that is at the top and bottom of every page rather than Reply with quote... unless you really need to quote something, of course.

Thanks.

Dr. Frankenstein entered a bodybuilding competition and discovered he had seriously misunderstood the objective.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Yo may need to have one of yyour network folks review it.....the Services tier needs a clear path to your client tier. You log into IMAM, and then it reaches out to the client running tomcat. ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

@eostic:
thanks, today i remotely logged on the service tier server VM and from there I logged on to the IMAM ( i am sure there is no fire wall between service vm and engine vm) and i got same result.

then I updated the interchange server configuration, assign agent https port 19443 to the engine host (client tiler also installed on this host) and then i got new error from import area:
"No such operation 'getSupportedBrokers' detail:
com.ibm.mif.MIFException: Could not get the list of supported brokers. No such operation 'getSupportedBrokers'
Caused by:
org.apache.axis.AxisFault: No such operation 'getSupportedBrokers'"

I had quick talk with network guys and he told me services server and engine server are on same VLAN so there is no fire wall between them. I also used cmd from services tier ping engine server and telnet port 19443 on engine server, they BOTH WORK.

do you think it is tomcat problem?
so... on engine vm server (where also client tier reside) i can see tomcat6.exe*32 running on task manager
the "server" that runs on the Client PC has no tomcat at all, but currently i am not using it.

thanks very much
abyss
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:14 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

I telnet engine server from my local pc on port 19443 , and it also worked. it looks like there is no firewall either ......
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Hi
just a update
I kind of fixed the problem, my "server" that runs on the Client PC is able to provide the IDA bridges between IDA and IMAM.
the only thing I didn't test last week is telnet port from service tier -> client. and i telnet it today, it didn't work at first time then I OPEN the port 19443 in windows firewall on my local pc then everything works fine.
the problem i haven't fix is: I also installed client tier on engine vm, i still can't get that one works although i can telnet it the port from service vm.
may be i should try install the client tier on service tier?

anyway thanks do much for your help.
H
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
abyss

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

this page explains the problem and provide solutions

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21614747
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated