Export using dscmdexport failing to attach to project

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mistermess
Participant

Export using dscmdexport failing to attach to project

Post by mistermess »

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this, and have been asked to export the datastage project daily via right click/export in DataStage. I saw there was a command line tool for doing the same and have been trying (and failing) to get it to work. I have taken the parameter names directly from the DataStage login form, and have tried a number of variations, but haven't been able to hit on the right one. Any pointers would be very helpful!

Examples of what I've tried...

dscmdexport /D=DOM.uk /U=aaaa /H=SERVER.DOM.uk:PORT SERVER/projname C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V
dscmdexport /D=DOM.uk /U=aaaa /H=SERVER.DOM.uk:PORT projname C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V
dscmdexport /U=aaaa /H=SERVER.DOM.uk:PORT SERVER/projname C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V
dscmdexport /D="DOM.uk" /U=aaaa /H="SERVER.DOM.uk:PORT" "SERVER/projname" C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V
dscmdexport /D="DOM.uk" /U=aaaa /H="SERVER.DOM.uk:PORT" projname C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V
dscmdexport /D="DOM.uk" /U=aaaa /H="SERVER.DOM.uk" projname C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V
dscmdexport /D="DOM.uk" /U=aaaa /H=SERVER projname C:\temp\projname_20171005.dsx /V

Websphere installed on Unix, but running trying to run export on Windows client.

Any pointers would be brilliant.

Thanks
Thomas.B
Participant

Post by Thomas.B »

You didn't specify the password ? You could try to add it with the /P option.
BI Consultant
DSXConsult
mistermess
Participant

Post by mistermess »

Thanks Thomas, but it just prompts for the password if I miss it out.

I've now realised my error. Domain in this case is the WebSphere server, not the windows domain I use to log onto. The command has now worked successfully.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark the thread as Resolved, using the green button.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.