How to bypass BG or IGC authentication for anonymous access

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to bypass BG or IGC authentication for anonymous access

Post by qt_ky »

I did not find a forum for Business Glossary, so am posting my planning-related questions here. Which forum is best for this?

1. Has anyone here tested the following workaround to allow anonymous access to browse and search Business Glossary 8.7 content with any successes to share or pitfalls to be aware of?

How to bypass authentication in InfoSphere Information Server Business Glossary

2. The technote appears to end with version 9.1. Would the same workaround apply with Information Governance Catalog 11.3.1?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The other posts on the subject of Business Glossary are off in the Data Quality Best Practices forum so moved you over there. Errr, over here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 11.3 Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench are combined into Information Governance Catalog. Version 11.3 supports single sign-on across all browser-based clients.

I have not yet had the need to research anonymous login to IGC or to Glossary Anywhere in version 11.3, but would suspect that it's possible.
This article from the IBM Knowledge Center addresses the single sign-on capability.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Craig, thanks for the forum info.

Ray, thanks for the single sign on / SPNEGO web Authentication link. Very interesting. That may be a good way to go!

I will have to look into it and cross my fingers for new levels of dialog and cooperation from the Active Directory folks. :wink:

I hope in time that we can test the anonymous workaround as well as the single sign on.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

An initial test of anonymous access in IGC 11.3.1.1 shows that the same steps work as described in the above technote for the older BG versions.

The IGC web login page is gone and simply goes to the IGC home page instead. Very nice.

The IBM Glossary Anywhere 11.3.x client, however, still expects a valid username and password. Hmmm...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are other articles somewhere for setting up anonymous login to the Glossary Anywhere product (or to Business Glossary for earlier versions). I've implemented this in a few sites. Not in a position right now to give details, but the process IS documented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dukesbrent
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dukesbrent »

We've been using the Mock Authentication approach for the past several years and it's worked really well, not only for direct access to the Glossary, but also through integration points in Cognos and Business Glossary Anywhere.

Brent
Brent