How do you get IGC Data Classes to show up in IA Thin Client

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

How do you get IGC Data Classes to show up in IA Thin Client

Post by vmcburney »

I am on Information Analyzer 11.5 fix pack 2 and I have a recurring problem when I add a new Data Class to IGC. I choose Valid Values as the validation type. I set it to Enabled. I then run profiling in Information Analyzer but the new Data Class is not picked up in the automated classification. It doesn't show up in the list of selected classifications.

I go back to IGC and manually add a column to the Data Class classification list. I rebuild the IA dataset list and the IGC classification does not show up in IA thin client as a selected classification.

Am I missing something? Is there some trick to make IGC data classes show up in IA thin client and get used in automated classification?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You are leaps and bounds ahead of me on this. Just as a guess, is there a Publish button you have to click for that?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi Vince,

Hmmm...I've done this many times and it does work...

For your valid values list, did you type it in, or are you using a file as a reference? Did you select case insensitive (or something like that)?
Regards,
Robert