DataStage objects got disappeared from designer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage objects got disappeared from designer

Post by Developer9 »

Hi,
I have faced an issue with stages/links getting disappeared automatically .But the job in finished state .When I tried to opened the designer I got below message

Code: Select all

MycreateObject:Internal error-trying to create object with empty class

I am able to re-run the job from Director ..But can't see any objects on Job Canvas ..Does anyone experienced this issue before ?

Thanks,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is this a problem only you have or does everyone see the same issue?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

@Chulett,
Its only with me I checked with my DS admin .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... a couple of thoughts. Out of memory, if you reboot your PC does the problem still occur? If the answer is 'yes' then the next thought is your client has gotten itself corrupted and probably needs to be reinstalled.
-craig

PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Do you have a LOCAL copy of the client or are you using a shared install like on Citrix or something?
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

@PaulVL,

Client is installed on the Local Machine And Also I rebooted the PC but still I do not see the Objects .The response time is very slow while I am doing the changes for the objects (during development on canvas)
For now ,I am doing re-work for that job :( but want to find out the solution so that It won't happen in the future.
Last edited by Developer9 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you try anything in the interim, rebooting perhaps?
-craig

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Tried re-booting also no luck ..very slow response when I open stages and editing the objects .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Assuming that it used to work fine before whatever happened happened, I would suggest you either open a support case to see if they can help you out or go through a reinstall of the client.
-craig

PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I vote reinstall as well, but a reinstall would not cure your speed issues. It would potentially fix your missing stage issue.

We ARE talking about missing stages on your canvas right?

If you open/create a new job, can you find that stage on the palette and place it into the job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can others see the objects IN THE SAME JOBS that you can't see them in?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Hi PaulVL,

Yes ..Its about missing stages on Canvas .Next I opened a job( issue with missing stages) and try to place the stage on the canvas .I got below message and program (designer )got closed there after .

Runtime Error!
Program:C:\IBM\InformationServerV115\Clients\Classic\dsdesign.exe
abnormal program termination
For now DS Admin recommended an alternative VPN for better connection .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So this went from an "only me" issue to everyone having the problem? If so that completely changes what kind of advice you'll get. Let us know if your 'alternate VPN connection' solves anything for you...
-craig

PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

That's not a VPN issue btw.

Try to open a NEW job, and drag those stages onto the canvas. My guess is that you will not find them.

If that is the case, then YOUR installation of datastage (local to your workstation) is corrupt (you deleted the stages from the tool). If you CAN find the stages... then have someone else from your team (or the admin team) open the job to see if they get the same error. If they are fine, then you need to fix YOUR installation. If they are also broken, then the job is corrupted somehow. Try to do a "CopyOf" job and see if issue persists.

All arrows seem to point to your local install of the client code being faulty.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

chulett wrote:So this went from an "only me" issue to everyone having the problem? If so that completely changes what kind of advice you'll get. Let us know if your 'alternate VPN connection' solves anything for you...
Yes ..Its only with me .I had this below messages very frequently (issue is with via VPN only ) when I connect and open jobs in designer .

Unable to open the Job ..Failed to convert the object into its persistent form
DS admin suggests its a network connection. so that's how VPN discussion had come up .After switching to new VPN ,I did not observe much network issues (like slow response time when I OPEN job/Edit changes ,compilation time etc )

Finally we come up with assumption ,Due to Network issues (via VPN) the job got corrupted thats how it had lost design information (i.e job objects )..abnormal program termination message may be a hint for this conclusion.

But Again as this a issue with ONLY ONE Job .I was able to develop new job but want to analyse what happened exactly :idea: