Infosphere Information Server and Team Foudation Server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ZINABD
Participant

Infosphere Information Server and Team Foudation Server

Post by ZINABD »

Hello,
I had create a repository in TFS( Team Foundation Server), and I need to connect from IISM( Infosphere Information Server Manager) to repository of TFS.
Can I use IBM Information Server manager with TFS for datastage version control/code management ? I see that TFS has an Eclipse plugin .

Im not sure how to link IBM IS Manager with Eclipse plug in for TFS.
BI Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Begin by downloading the TFS Eclipse plugin. Then, when configuring Information Server Manager in the Team menu, it should be able to discover that Eclipse plug in - if not, you'll either be given a browser tool or need to enter the pathname of the plug-in manually.

Note, too, that you may have to edit your command path and shared library search list environment variables to include the Eclipse plug-in.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ZINABD
Participant

.kj.jk

Post by ZINABD »

Hello Ray,

How I can get eclipse plug in , I have Infosphere 11.5 I need to install Eclipse ?, please if you have some doc can be helpful for me to achieve this part..
Thank you.
BI Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You shouldn't have to install Eclipse, just the Eclipse plug-in for TFS. You should be able to get that from your vendor of TFS (or, indeed, the internet) - Eclipse plug-ins tend to be provided for free.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.