Oracle connector - no design time SQL datatype provided

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ffsw13
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle connector - no design time SQL datatype provided

Post by ffsw13 »

Greetings,

Have not seen this one before; imported a table def into an Oracle connector and pushing the output to a peek stage for starters and to eliminate any other logic issues. The job compiles fine but when I go to run it the job aborts and in the log file I find an informational message saying "no design time SQL datatype provided for field_name", followed by a fatal message saying "field_name" not a valid field. When I compare the metadata against the database it looks right. Any ideas?

TIA,

ff
The UNIVERSE is vast and expansive
I never Metadata I didn't like
ffsw13
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Oracle connector - no design time SQL datatype provided

Post by ffsw13 »

Got to the bottom of this; for whatever reason although the columns and datatypes all lined up with the table in the database, once I imported a fresh table def from the database itself into DataStage and pulled that into my Oracle connector, problem went away! Gotta love those DSEE red herring messages... not sure if they boys in Milton Keynes are still doing designer client development, but a better error would be my product management request, then again been asking for that kind of thing since 7.5 :roll: :lol:
The UNIVERSE is vast and expansive
I never Metadata I didn't like