Tools to open diffapicmdline HTML output

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harryakki
Participant

Tools to open diffapicmdline HTML output

Post by harryakki »

I have created a HTML output file from diffapicmdline.exe from windows.I tried opening it internet explorer, it opened in i.e.11 but not able to expand the differences. Can you please suggest me how to open the output file?

Please note, I am getting a warning "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls. I enabled all ActiveX controls in IE11 and tried opening it again but still the same.

I don't find an option here to attach my output file.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It sounds like you haven't actually enabled / removed all of the controls or restrictions in place. I'm afraid. And if your organization is anything like mine you won't be able to. Have you tried Chrome or any other browser? Also, any decent editor should know how to handle HTML.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
harryakki
Participant

Post by harryakki »

Thanks craig, I have tried chrome and firefox , I am facing same error.
Can you please suggest any other editors?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I use UltraEdit but anything, even WordPad or NotePad on Windows should be able to 'open' it. Just be aware that anything not fully HTML aware (like a browser is) would lose you the functionality that its ActiveX components bring to the viewing experience. In other words you'd just be able to see the raw HTML rather than anything... purty.

Do a Google search for "html viewer" for other options, many of which are free.
-craig

harryakki
Participant

Post by harryakki »

Thanks Craig. I tried the html viewers from google, those are not much helpful, as you mentioned I am loosing the full functionality, those viewers are showing just the raw html code.

I did a small experiment, this time I did comparison in Designer and saved the report to repository, at the same time saved it to my desktop. I am able to open the report in repository with full functionalities in IE11 without any changes to Activex contols. But the one on my desktop is not opening in IE11, I guess if I can upload the output from command line diffapicmdline to repository I will be able to use it without loosing any functionality.

Please advise, if there is a way to upload the report from command line to reports that are in iis/console/.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Someone else is going to have to help with that, I'm afraid. :(
-craig