IA Cannot Analyze the data error

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

IA Cannot Analyze the data error

Post by truenorth »

Revisiting this question...

Running on IA 11.3.1.2
Data source: SQL Server

We are trying to access an nvarchar field which the data owner advises could be up to 2GB. IA says it 'Cannot Analyze' the data. Every rule that references it fails. I've even tried LEFT(fieldname, 250) but again the mere reference to the field makes the job fail.

I've checked with our technology support and they assure me nvarchar support is already turned on in odbc.ini.

Anything else we could look into?
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

you should make a new topic rather than revive 5+ year old threads.

A lot may have changed since then in patches etc, regardless of version #s.

Not sure about the issue, but you will have more success on a new, unresolved topic.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And... done. Split from this topic.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As soon as the metadata specifies more than 500 characters, IA will not attempt to analyze. The reasoning is that meaningful statistics are unlikely to be found in such fields, which are typically comments, descriptions and the like - text, basically.

What would you expect out of such a field? What would the frequency distribution look like? Even if you found 100% cardinality, there's no database in existence that could or would accept such a data type as a key column; imagine the size of the primary key index!!!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks for all the input. Our IT support are exploring updating the drivers. So far, no luck. I'll report any progress/fix.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX