Need Information on Enabled for Information Services Option

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudheerkumar541
Participant

Need Information on Enabled for Information Services Option

Post by sudheerkumar541 »

I Want to run the Datastage job from Java UI, I googled it, Seems to be Enabled for Information Services option in Job Properties will help on this, But I need more information on this, and how to run Sequence Jobs also

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Sudheer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Enabled for Information Services in the DataStage context indicates that the job probably has either or both ISD Input/ISD Output stages, and is intended to be exposed as a web service through the Information Services Director product.

So, yes, this is one mechanism that you might use to run a job from some kind of external interface.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sudheerkumar541
Participant

Post by sudheerkumar541 »

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I don't need any ISD Input/output stages for my job, my requirement is to run the job only, Please help me, if you have any documentation
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Need Information on Enabled for Information Services Opt

Post by chulett »

sudheerkumar541 wrote:Seems to be Enabled for Information Services option in Job Properties will help on this
No, it won't. If all you need to do is run a "normal" job from outside of DataStage proper, then you need to get familiar with the Command Line Interface and API. And everyone has access to the same online documentation as you can see in the link above. You may even have the pdf versions on your client machine.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

A lot of this depends on what you need to do....

a) if you just want to "start" a Job, then getting out to the command line and invoking dsjob is the simplest, as Craig notes.

b) the API for that utility is documented, so you could also build your own JNI scenario [the API for dsjob is C/C++ based] if you want calling semantics that are more customized than what you can get with the command line utility, or if you don't want to reach out to the OS.

c) If you have the Information Services Director licensed, you can publish ANY Job as a Web Service (it doesn't need to have ISDinput/ISDoutput Stages) and then invoke it as a REST or SOAP based Web Service call, where the payload being passed contains Job Parameter values.

Solution (c) is vastly more elegant, but significantly more complex in architecture and licensing, and needs other techniques for calling a Sequence.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>