Add To Favorites
qt_ky

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
Additional info: 11.3.1.2 IGC RU23
A new 11.3.1.2 IGC RU23 user has just highlighted odd behavior encountered while browsing terms and navigating the web interface. I am seeing the same thing myself in both IE and Firefox.

When your category has more than one page of terms, and you navigate into a off of page 1, then you click on a term, such as a term from page 9, it displays as expected. The quirky part is when you click the browser's back button, it does not take you back to page 9 where you left off, but instead you are back at page 1.

Suppose you want to pick up browsing where you left off. You would have to have already made a mental note of page 9 and manually tell it to jump back to that page or else click through on page at a time until you recognize where you had left off.

What's worse is if you navigate to a similar point by starting with the category hierarchy, view a term, then click the browser's back button, then you lose even more context. At that point you are no longer viewing any category details at all; only the hierarchy remains on the left while the right side is blank. Then you are left thinking, hmmm, now what subcategory was a viewing?

Is this a glaring defect to anyone else? Curious if other IGC users see this same behavior in other versions?

Premium Poster
Participant

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Australia Usergroup, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

I have seen the same behaviour in the same version, and been equally annoyed by it. Waiting to see whether it continues in version 11.5.0.1.

Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
qt_ky

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:07 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Unfortunately I see the same behavior in IGC Version 11.5.0.1 Build 11.5.0.1-20160309-1348. I would put in an RFE if I knew someone would actually review it.

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic