SQL Server Native Client 11.0 Invalid cursor state

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DavidWipf
Participant

SQL Server Native Client 11.0 Invalid cursor state

Post by DavidWipf »

Sorry it is not obvious how to post a new topic.

DataStage 11.5, SQL Server 2005 with after update and after insert triggers on the table, OS windows 2012, using ODBS Stage.

on last run 89 records updated successfully and 44253 went to my error log. Nothing is wrong the the queries or the data. DataStage does not like the after triggers on the table and returns this error message with each row in the Errorlog table: "[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Invalid cursor state".

It does not matter if I code this as an update then insert or separately do the updates and the inserts. It does not matter what I set the autocommit mode to. it does not matter if I run in parallel or sequential. the queries work in SQL Server management studio.

Is there anyway to get DataStage to behave correctly? Some coworkers have solved this by writing the data to a stage table that does not have triggers and then doing an after SQL out of the stage table and into the real table which removed DataStage from the picture doing the work purely in the DB. This works but seems a little extreme to me. Why doesn't DataStage work for this? Am I missing a patch?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No worries, split you off from the other post so this one can be all yours.

And just as an FYI, you can start a new post using the Post new topic link at the top and bottom of each forum page.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DavidWipf
Participant

any ideas on an answer?

Post by DavidWipf »

Do you have any answers to my question?

by the way this is what is says on the bottom on my screen: