ASB login failure: unable to authenticate username [isadmin]

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

ASB login failure: unable to authenticate username [isadmin]

Post by marcelo_almeida »

Hello everyone!

I am trying to install the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Pack for SAP Applications 8.0 package.
But I can not do it.
I believe I fulfilled all the prerequisites.
During installation, this error always occurs:
Com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.CIException: ASB login failure: unable to authenticate username [isadmin].

Operating system: Linux RedHat 6.5
IIS: 11.5

Thank you!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay... are you certain you know the proper password for isadmin?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

Chulett

Yes, I'm sure the password is correct.
It was the first thing I checked.
I tried to reinstall more than 5 times, in all of them I put the correct password and even then the error occurs.

Thank you!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Antonio,
Could you put the command here that.you.are using to install the package? If you are using the GUI.options normally the install will ask for the WAS.admin first and second the isadmin credentials...

What the latest.log in /Temp/is_ibm_logs says? Look for FATAL errors.and the reason for failures

Regards
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

Julio,

I am following this IBM roadmap to do the installation.
Http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27046943

Considering that the log file is too large, I had put only part of it. Here's a bit bigger part.

I looked for something that would lead me to the cause of the error, but I did not find anything.

"
Error: com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.CIException: ASB login failure: unable to authenticate username [isadmin].
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.CIException.Construct (CIException.java:204)
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.ComponentInstallerImpl.initializeRepositoryInterface (ComponentInstallerImpl.java:886)
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.ComponentInstallerImpl.reinitializeRepositoryInterface (ComponentInstallerImpl.java:5035)
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.ComponentInstallerImpl.Initialize (ComponentInstallerImpl.java:649)
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.ComponentInstallerImpl.performActions (ComponentInstallerImpl.java:1476)
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.ComponentInstallerImpl.run (ComponentInstallerImpl.java:554)
At com.ascential.dstage.compinstall.ComponentInstaller.main (ComponentInstaller.java:62)
"

Thank you!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Antonio,
Could you check the value returned by below command? The default is a 1,000 and when exceeded you might have issues running the install among others. There is a procedure to clean them up if that is the root cause of your login issue

<InformationServer>/ASBServer/bin
./iisAdmin.sh -display -key com.ibm.iis.isf.security.TrustedSessionTokenCacheMaxCapacity
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

Julio,

The return to the command is as follows:

[root@srvlinux11 bin]# pwd
/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin
[root@srvlinux11 bin]# ./iisAdmin.sh -display -key com.ibm.iis.isf.security.TrustedSessionTokenCacheMaxCapacity
com.ibm.iis.isf.security.TrustedSessionTokenCacheMaxCapacity=1000

Thank you!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

To find out the number of active sessions run below command,

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/bin ./DStageWrapper.sh -user isadmin -password <password> -domain domainserver:port -listSessions | wc -l

If the number returned is greater than 1,000 then you could kill the sessions to allow you to install the pack( restart your IS services including WAS) but you will need submit a PMR to IBM Support to help you to get it resolved. I could help but will need to know more about your environment

KILL SESSIONS
/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/bin ./DStageWrapper.sh -user isadmin -password <password> -domain domainserver:port -killSession SessionNumber

***Session Number will be the second column returned by the -listSession command (without the wc -l)
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

Julio,

The return to the command was only 4.

I'm trying to install on a new VM. There is no process running on it.

I already created 4 VMs because of this error, I create one, try to install it, it presents the error and I create a new one to make sure I did nothing wrong.

I'm following these steps to create the environment:
1 - I create a new VM with RedHat 6.5 64 bits, I install all the available packages in the image.
2 - Install IIS 11.5. I let install everything (DB2, WAS and IIS)
3 - Set the dsadm credential for the environment
Note: All users (OS, DB2, WAS and IIS) use the same password (admin123)
4 - So, I try to do the installation of the Pack and it always presents this error mentioned above.

Thank you!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Antonio,
I wonder if the issue is due to an old updater installer. You are installing the IIS 11.5 binaries and then the SAP pack....The install instructions should state that you would need to get the latest updater installer when installing the SAP pack

Could you download the latest IBM updater installer for IIS 11.5 from Fix Central, install it and then try to install the SAP pack... Below the link to updater installer..let us know if you need further details to.get it installed

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg24038034

Hope that this fix the login issue.....
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

Julio,

Now, I know how to solve the problem.

When the problem was occurring, I was using IIS v11.5, so now I downloaded and installed IIS v11.5.0.1 and everything worked fine.

It looks like this was a bug that was fixed in this new version. Strange is that I have not found anything written about it.

Thank you all!!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil