XSD for the DataStage XML job report

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parag.s.27
Participant

XSD for the DataStage XML job report

Post by parag.s.27 »

Hi,

I am trying to automate the process of documenting the DataStage job details such as

1. what all stages are used
2. If DB connector is used then what is the query/table used
3. what properties are selected for real time stages etc

I am generating the DataStage job report from designer by selecting the option File>Generate Report. then selecting an option of Retain Intermediate XML file.

Now I am creating an ETL job to read this XML and extract the necessary information. I am not able to find the XSD used by DataStage client to generate this report under ASBNode. Can someone suggest the way to find right XSD?

I only found two XSDs: -
1. ProcessMetadat: for Job run time metadata such as (but not limited to) row counts etc.
2. DSReportSchema: for Job run report such as (but not limited to) Finished with errors etc
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

DS Job Reports have been around forever. I doubt that there is an "official" XSD.

Your best bet may be to use one of the open source tools to generate an XSD from some sample XML documents.

Mike
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Agreed. Do a search for trang great tool.
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Better yet.....use the xmlInput stage.....these kinds of xml documents are tiny (relatively speaking). Use a Server Job, pick up the xml document using a folder stage and your job will compile and run lightning fast........and zero need for an xsd.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
parag.s.27
Participant

Post by parag.s.27 »

Thanks for the reply.

I thought about it and then created my own XSD and used XML parser. It is working as expected
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0