.ds.being_deleted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Poovalingam
Participant

.ds.being_deleted

Post by Poovalingam »

Hi,
I had my job failed due to resource issues in the server. After sometime i re-ran the same job and it ran fine. But when I run second time after the abend job failed with error message "When deleting data set XXX.ds, previous delete attempt not complete; removing XXX.ds.being_deleted in order to proceed."
I tried searching the same topic but for everyone looks like the immediate re-run had this problem, not the second run.
But I dont understand why the first re-run was successful and second run is having this warning message. Could someone help me in understand this?
Additional thought, Is it good to promote this warning message id to Info in project level to avoid the warning message? Does that lead to any other valid warning scenario unnotified?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Its normal to have this warning when the job abended and could not perform necessary clean-up.

It should come in the subsequent run after the abort.

And yes it can be safely demoted to informational message as the message id is different for each type of warning and error in data stage however do a search on message id in message reference to be sure.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Poovalingam
Participant

Post by Poovalingam »

Thank you for the reply.
I'm not able to understand why this is not happening for immediate re-run but for the second re-run I'm receiving this warning message. First re-run is working fine with no issues.