Connector Migration Custom Defaults

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mitchea5
Participant

Connector Migration Custom Defaults

Post by mitchea5 »

I have several hundred DS Server jobs that I need to migrate to connectors. The connector migration tool sets default values for some of the properties like Character Set, Transaction Mode, NLS map, and a few other settings which I would like to be different.

Is there a way I can set default values for the migration tool to use? I found a config xml in the CCMigration directory that appears to offer the ability to customize Parallel jobs but not Server.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like a support question to me. Not sure if anyone here would know that but I guess we'll see.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mitchea5
Participant

Post by mitchea5 »

I've been able to at least partially work around this issue.

The connection information uses variables, and many jobs are setup the same way. I've converted one job and filled in all of the custom defaults I want. Then I saved that connection object.

I can then go though each job and apply that saved connection information. This method eliminates the bulk of the most tedious work, although it still requires touching every job.
winwin01
Participant

Post by winwin01 »

I am interested in this.
mitchea5
Participant

Post by mitchea5 »

I ended up opening a PMR with IBM and they were able to help. There are xml files in the ccmigration directory that can be manipulated to set defaults. I would suggest anyone with this issue open a PMR with IBM for specific questions.