View previous topic
Add To Favorites
metadatamen

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
Is it really advisable to enable IGC workflow ON and OFF whenever required? let's say we follow the workflow process and enabled it, and when we need to do a bulk load which doesn't need a workflow process, can we disable temporarily and do a bulk load so it automatically goes to published and then we can enable the workflow process?

We noticed that enabling IGC Workflow ON & Off frequently causing issues in IGC Terms and Categories.

Newly loaded terms are not behaving as expected, newly loaded terms suppose to be in Development Glossary but it goes automatically to published when the workflow is enabled since we had a same term earlier in published and it was cleaned-up before the new load.
Timato
Participant

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

I'm pretty sure when you disable workflow a big fat alert sign pops up warning you that the dev glossary gets deleted or something? I also recall that the assigned user roles gets all funky as well when you disable the workflow.

My understanding is that other than an initial Bulk import, the intention is to let glossary development to happen within IGC as opposed to say a spreadsheet and then import it in.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
qt_ky

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

I always assumed that enabling workflow was an initial setup decision. Once you decide to enable workflow, you're done. If you were to later disable it, I assume you would lose all the benefits. Toggling it off and back on sounds quite risky!

Yes, when the administrator disables workflow and clicks Save, you do get an Alert pop up window. It starts out saying, "When you disable workflow, all unpublished content under development is deleted." It goes on and asks for confirmation. Seems like your workflow user security role assignments would be lost as well.

eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

I haven't seen things get damaged by turning workflow on and off, but indeed, you need to do that if you want to more easily do a bulk load "after the fact". Certainly it would be advisable to do ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic