View previous topic
Add To Favorites
metadatamen

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 11x
Job Type: Parallel
I have a use case and I know few solutions for this, but would like to hear from experts here on what are the other best possible way of handling this:

Use Case: I need to trigger a Java or a shell script and do some action whenever an IGC Term get's published.

Solutions I think would work for sure:

I could call this java code from BPM application, and register this particular application for IGC_BUSINESSTERM_EVENT and subscribe it. I am sure it would meet the need.

Solutions I am not sure would work:

* Why should I really have a BPM process in between if am really not effectively using the BPM process?
* Wouldn't it possible to directly call the Java process, or any script to does my work when an event trigger?
* Why can't I register a .java code or .sh script to be triggered through registerCallback instead of calling a BPM application?

Please suggest..
eostic

Premium Poster

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

.....simplest method nowadays is to use 11.5 with at least RU3 and take advantage of kafka.....all events are published as kafka messages, with or without a subscription. Create a kafka consumer, l ...

blogit!
Open IGC is Here!
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
qt_ky

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:47 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

We are on 11.3 and not yet using such features, but out of curiosity, is Apache Kafka a new direction for IBM, or an additional technology that they support now? I had not heard of Kafka before; it looks much like an open source version of IBM WebSphere MQ. Does IGC also work with MQ?

metadatamen

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Thanks Ernie.
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated
Timato
Participant

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

qt_ky wrote:
We are on 11.3 and not yet using such features, but out of curiosity, is Apache Kafka a new direction for IBM, or an additional technology that they support now? I had not heard of Kafka before; it looks much like an open source version of IBM WebSphere MQ. Does IGC also work with MQ?

On that note, I've also noticed a few open source components in the newer fixpacks for 11.5 (Solr, Zookeepr, Kafka) - im guessing it might be signalling an intention to align IIS closer to the all the BigData technologies?

As for the topic (and may be a silly suggestion) - if upgrading is not an option and if you're feeling adventurous I believe you can possibly reverse engineer some of the views in IGVIEW schema on the metadata repository and track where the BG rules get published and then put a trigger or something on that? or maybe just poll the view every so often to see what has changed and use that to launch your process...
Rate this response:  
Not yet rated

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic