Suddenly all server jobs extract only 50 rows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikas gupta
Participant

Suddenly all server jobs extract only 50 rows

Post by vikas gupta »

Hi,

Suddenly I checked in all server jobs in all project has limits to stop stage set 50 instead of no limit.
Please give suggestion to set again for no limit.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Funny, my clients always ran theirs with a limit of 1, thousands of jobs over many years. There's no reason for a Server job to ever throw an error unless something is really wrong and it needs to stop. IMHO. :wink:

Now, how are you running them? Does it matter if they are started manually from the client side via Director or Designer or all these all scheduled or run via an Enterprise Scheduler or command like via a script or ... ?? Just trying to get a handle on where the limit might have gotten reset.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Also note that I am assuming you meant they stop after 50 warnings rather than 50 rows. Please correct any invalid assumptions on my part.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server jobs can also be run with a row limit, looks like these have been set for the OP's project. The solution is to set these values to 0 ( = no limit ).

Parallel jobs can also be row limited if compiled in trace mode.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.