IA Data Rule Failure: Error accessing Scratch Space

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

JayanK
Participant

IA Data Rule Failure: Error accessing Scratch Space

Post by JayanK »

Hello,

While executing the Data Rule via IA Console received the following error at the console:

An error occurred while accessing the Scratch Space.

I am not facing any issue and able to run a test data stage job in dstage project using the same configuration file.

I had selected the retain scripts at the Analysis Engine configuration and found the below error in the job log:

Code: Select all

main_program: Error loading "librulesscorer": Could not find "librulesscorer" on the library search path defined by the environment variable PATH; path: <snip>

main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "rulesscorer"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

main_program: Error loading "libdistribution": Could not find "libdistribution" on the library search path defined by the environment variable PATH; path: <snip>

main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "distribution"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
Thank you in advance

cheers,
Jayan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't see any mention of scratch space in the logged events that you posted. Resolve the issues with shared library search path first, then resolve the scratch space issue if it persists.

Failure to access scratchdisk usually means one of two things; space or permissions. It may be the case that your DataStage job did not require to use scratchdisk.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JayanK
Participant

Post by JayanK »

The issue was an incorrect entry which I had added into the operator.apt file for an earlier warning which surfaced during a test run in datastage.

Included the below:

rulesscorer librulesscorer 1
distribution libdistribution 1

Instead of

rulesscorer rulesscorer 1
distribution distribution 1

Cheers,