Problems with NCLOB from Oracle table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DelValle
Participant

Problems with NCLOB from Oracle table

Post by DelValle »

New to Oracle/DataStage...trying to read Oracle table with column Message defined as NCLOB and join to another Oracle table to create new Oracle table with the Message column. Problems with NCLOB...can't insert too BIG.
This is just the first step of this project.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. Is this actually a Server job you are working with? You have marked the post as such but wanted to double-check.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

Yes
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Just wanted to make sure before I moved your post over to the Server specific forum so that hopefully you don't get any Valid For Parallel Only advice. :wink:

Can you post the actual error message from your job log?
-craig

DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

Going to just remove that column from output.
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

Indeed, PX solution have a distinctive different solution than Server solutions.

We need the specific error message, including the Message ID in order to help you.

-T.J.
DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

It's gone.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: Just as an FYI, there's no need to 'Reply with quote' unless there's really a need to actual quote the message you are replying to and that generally isn't the case. I removed the quoted text from your post, just because I'm anal like that. The Reply to topic option is the weapon of choice in this battle, it's at the top and bottom of every page.

And by gone you mean the error is gone because the column itself was removed / is gone from the mapping. Officially an NCLOB is not supported but there are sometimes 'tricks' that work to allow you to pass one from source to target. Let us know if you want to explore any of them... but as noted, I still believe the actual error it generated would be helpful for that.
-craig

DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

Gone...because I GAVE UP and removed the offending column...will have to add back later to be considered finished...but miserable day of trying.
DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

Trying to setup a lookup for code to get name. Another impossible task.
DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

You can't cut/paste the error message. When checking operator: Schema field CODE in input data set 0 not present in design time information?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should be able to copy and paste it here as people do that all the time, not sure why that wouldn't be working for you. Sorry.

Also, can you describe your job design? Is it your basic bare bones SRC -> TRANSFORMER -> TGT kind of job or something more complex?
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And that looks more like a PX error as seen here but for all I know it is one that could be thrown by a Server job as well.
The Technote wrote:Note: Other stages may see the same warning occur. Please contact IBM Technical Support for further assistance.
-craig

Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

DelValle wrote:When checking operator: Schema field CODE in input data set 0 not present in design time
Looks like there is a field that have not been properly defined ("CODE") within the source database, leading to a mismatch with the schema definition you made in the stage itself.

Please double check your SQL statement, and the DDL of the source table(s) you are trying to access.

-T.J.
DelValle
Participant

Post by DelValle »

My first DataStage...my first lookup. I don't know what all this means. And you CAN'T cut/paste...been doing it since invented...won't do it.