Recent Topics list

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Recent Topics list

Post by ray.wurlod »

When I'm logged out, the Recent Topics list on the home page reverts to a stale version.

It's up to date while I'm logged in, but reverts again when I log out.

This is new. Previously I used the Recent Topics list to determine whether or not to bother to log in. Now it is not serving this purpose.

(Can you get Walter back for a sabbatical?)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Odd... seems to be working like normal for me.

What changed? Hint: Nothing is not the right answer.

:wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version of Internet Explorer changed, but the problem is now occurring using both IE v8 and IE v11. Seeing the same issue with Firefox 40.0.3 and Chrome 45.0.2454.85. It persists after clearing cache and browsing history. It occurs on four different networks/ISPs.

Maybe whatever has changed has changed on the DSXchange end. Or global warming? Or the change of leadership in Australia? Temperatures in the Pacific Ocean?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Takeoff of Hayne Plane causes butterfly effect on DSXChange...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or Donald Trump's hair.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I'm seeing the same behavior from any browser or phone.

Most recent topic while logged out is dated Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:20 pm.

Maybe it's time for a reboot...
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... missed the "when logged out" part, something I never am as I don't see any reason to but then I'm not the Wandering Warrior that Ray is. Let me see what happens when I do. Back in a sec.

Interesting, seeing something similar. Saw this post at the top and then the next one below it is indeed from Sept 11.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm seeing odd (low) readings when connecting to the main page - sometimes I get shown either 0 or 4 new posts since my last login despite seeing that there were quite a few more. I never explicitly logout and re-login and use only one computer for checking posts. Perhaps this might be an effect from the same cause, as I've never had that problem before.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It looks like Recent Topics while logged out only shows recent topics from some forums, not others. Maybe it's always been that way. ?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius