Qualitystage Legacy stage deprecation

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Perzonify1
Participant

Qualitystage Legacy stage deprecation

Post by Perzonify1 »

Hello,

Upon trying to migrate a vital application that uses the Qualitystage 8.7 Legacy stage into the 9.1 version, I found that the stage is no longer supported. It also seems to be lacking in interactivity that would allow me to more easily see what/how the stage is completing.

This was only a recent assignment and I am not too familiar with Qualitystage (training was in Datastage). My first instinct is to resolve how the legacy stage uses "QS adapters" in job properties whereas the standardize stage does not, but I could be wrong.

Could you perhaps send me in the right direction for recreating the jobs in 8.7 with features that can be imported into 9.1? Is there a simple fix?

Many thanks
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

The QualityStage Legacy stage was indeed deprecated at 9.1. I believe the intent was to provide short term solution for customers upgrading from QualityStage 7.5 to 8.x, and to eventually convert the things being done in the Legacy Stage to native QualityStage stages.

The Legacy Stage was used when converting QualityStage 7.5 stages that had no direct equivalent in 8.x.

Do you have access to any data flow diagrams or 'code' (control files) from the original application so you can see what it was doing and try to convert it?

Regards,
Robert
Regards,
Robert
Perzonify1
Participant

Post by Perzonify1 »

I do have access to the control files, and the job seems fairly simple- opening the Qualitystage Legacy stage shows a grid with "Standardization" listed in rows next to input/output, hence inclination to attempt re-create with the standardize stages. Data seems to just be processed through an imported rule set.

Seq file -> QS Legacy stage -> Seq file.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to clearly see how these files would translate to configuration of the standardize stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Every link in the (parallel) job design has a (virtual) Data Set associated with it. The Sequential File stage reads the file and imports in into the virtual Data Set in memory, which the Standardize stage can use as its source. A similar story is told on the output side, except that the operation is export to the sequential file.

Go on, try it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Perzonify1
Participant

Post by Perzonify1 »

I should correct/clarify myself...

*I do not see how the control files for the working Legacy stage would translate to configuration of a Standardize stage, which I could then import into 9.1. This is the primary issue.

I'm just trying to get a Standardize stage to replicate exactly what the Legacy stage is doing.