java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

asorrell

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Post by asorrell »

There's a developer at my current site that is using the new Hierarchical Data stage in 11.3.1 with REST. When they Run Test in the new Assembly Editor, it comes back with an error saying it can't find the method.

Not having worked with this before - where can I point them to resolve it - any ideas?

com.ibm.e2.core.exceptions.OperatorGeneratedException: ExceptionOccuredDuringProviderCall errorMessage = 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/apache/http/entity/StringEntity.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/http/entity/ContentType;)V', operatorName = 'REST'
Test completed

Note: this is a new system and it very well could be a systemic issue - this is the first time someone has tried using the stage.

I checked out SystemOut.log and I do see it in there, but not much more info - was wondering how we can track this down.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

I'd look to see if your CLASSPATH for java is messed up.

Then I would blame Sandeep. (Inside joke to Andy and Sandeep)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Given that the error message mentions REST I'd be looking for some inappropriate use of a REST API. I wonder if that's how the Assembly Editor actually works under the covers?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

No idea if it uses REST, and unfortunately no time to dig into it. I'm going to bounce this back to IBM to see what they think. I suspect it has to do with the libraries. Will post once I get an answer.

Andy
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
matuwuhou
Participant

we have the same issue

Post by matuwuhou »

Andy, hello! Did you receive any information from IBM about this issue? We are facing the same error when trying to get data from Information Governance Catalog via its REST API.