DSXchange: DataStage and IBM Websphere Data Integration Forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Add To Favorites
ray.wurlod

Premium Poster
Participant

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Australia Usergroup, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Found in version 11.3.1, possibly exists in earlier versions...

When one has a long list of Terms (let's say 250 or so terms, displayed 50 per page) and wants to submit some from page 5 for approval, they have to be submitted individually and, after each has been submitted, one is returned to the beginning of page 1. Mad

So much for productivity.

This is true whether one is in the browse window, the Drafts window, or any search result.

Please return to the same place in the list as the term that was submitted was located.

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

I simulated a small test of this in IGC 11.3.1 with RU8, with workflow enabled, using Firefox.

Under the list options, I can choose to view 10, 50, or 100 at a time. Choosing 100 at a time may help with productivity.

In the Glossary Development, menu: Glossary -> Development: Draft Assets view: on a given page, I can select "This Page" and pick and further select or deselect assets, then click the "Send for Approval" button. It sends all selected assets for approval at once. I did not find that I had to send each one for approval individually.

It does bounce me back to page 1 after that. Our number of assets right now is not large, but I can imagine if it were, that this would be somewhat of an annoyance.

I found the behaviors are the same from the Assets Pending Approval view, with making multiple asset selections, clicking "Approve" (approves the group) and getting returned to page 1.

ray.wurlod

Premium Poster
Participant

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Australia Usergroup, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

It's true that they don't have to be submitted individually from the Drafts, Awaiting Approval or Approved pages, but it is true that they have to be submitted individually from the Browse Terms or Browse Categories pages.

I used the same strategy mentioned by qt_ky, but working backwards from highest page number to lowest (since the items are moved out of the Drafts, Awaiting Approval or Approved folders on successful submission).

I also used a modified date filter to gain some productivity.

Not yet rated

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic