Salesforce.com connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mavrick21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Salesforce.com connector

Post by mavrick21 »

We would like connect to Salesforce.com to read from and/or write to using DataStage. After researching on dsxchange.com and ibm.com I have a few questions:

1) Does DataStage 8.5Server edition support Salesforce.com connector?

2) Do we need Java pack and Web Services pack in addition to Salesforce.com connector?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I never had a chance to use it.

If you don't get any bites here, best to ask those questions of your official support provider if you haven't already.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Or ask a technical sales rep.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
MKD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MKD »

I'm also curious to hear any experiences from other users (assuming the answer to #1 is yes)
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would guess that the answer to #1 is no, unless someone finds documentation or a sales rep that confirms otherwise. It's a guess though...

If you search IBM developerWorks there is a salesforce article from 2008 showing many PX screen shots, and parallel loading is one of the highlighted features.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On the other hand, most Connectors are implemented for server as well as for parallel jobs. Further research is required...
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.