Hashed File reading records as if in an infinite loop

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikramg
Participant

Post by bikramg »

Sorry for not being clear - lets take you to the code \ design fragment above -

you will see I have

Code: Select all

Tfm_Latest_Batch_Validation <---- Latest_Batch
In this the Latest_Batch is an ODBC connection and the Tfm_Latest_Batch_Validation is the transformer \ lookup. As you may notice that the only link leading into the transformer is a reference link. And my theory is that in this situation it is getting into a situation of looking up itself and thuse causing the never ending record reading process - which I referred as a self tangle situation. What surprised me is how come this has been working if this is true. I'm curious to know that is a possible cause or am I trying to ride bike between galaxies.

BTW what may be of interest to any other boarders in future is how my attention drove back into this from the hashed file that I was originally complaining about. I tried killing the job from shell by kill command but as mentioned previously the job was still having locks on etc. So using DS.TOOLS I listed all processes for the job and I noticed all but one process has a process id and the only one is that of the offending transformer process :idea: and my prior suspicion about that transformer became firmer. Unfortunately because there is not PID the only way to remove the lock is to reboot the server :x
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Mike and I both discussed how a Transformer can work as a source in a Server job. Also noted how I didn't understand how it could ever have worked unless someone had changed / removed the output constraint and thus 'broke' the job. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bikramg
Participant

Post by bikramg »

That will be the same question I want to ask. But I know it was not changed as I can see the prod version of the job has the same design and it is running :o

Craig\Ray\Mike thanks for the all the info anyway.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK... this is the kind of thing that would require 'eyes on' to figure out. Ah well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers