Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dsexplorer
Premium Member
Premium Member

QualityStage Rule Set templates

Post by dsexplorer »

Hello,

I was told that as a premium member, I would be able to access some predefined rulesets for individual countries on this website.

Is this true? After searching, I am unable to find any mention of this at all. Could someone help?

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not aware of any. Who told you?

However, there are many other advantages of premium membership.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsexplorer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsexplorer »

Oh I for sure did not get the premium membership because of this, but I was told by a colleague of mine but alas, could not find them here.

Do you know of any place that could provide rule sets for Latin America countries?

Cheers
Regards
DSExplorer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You got a mirror?

Begin with a design document, outlining any special parsing rules (for example keeping D'SOUZA together, which exists in the USNAME rule set). The design document specifies output fields (the dictionary), the classes (on which the classification table is based) and the processing requirements.

Then all you have to do is to turn this into QualityStage. Study some of the existing rule sets to get techniques and/or enrol on the Advanced QualityStage training which teaches these skills.

If you upgrade to version 9.1 you get a drag-and-drop interface for building QualityStage standardizations. Until then you need to know Pattern Action Language. Luckily the manual is quite short.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

The ESP rulesets might be a good place to start, at least for the names.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are many rule sets, including for Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Peru, in the Information Server file directory but not visible in the Designer palette. A full list of those is here.

Rule sets for Japanese and Russian are available in version 8.7 and I believe there are new rule sets for Ireland, Thailand and for Indian names (not addresses) too, in version 9.1.2

These do not ship with the product, but can be downloaded.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Well, there you go. Definitely learned something today. :-)

There's a readme.txt file under <media>\is-suite\payloads\DataStageCommon\QualityStageClient\payload\QSRules\ that describes the other files in the directory (this is for 9.1.2):

Code: Select all

Business Intelligence Name and Address Rule Sets:
	QSRules_Argentina.isx
	QSRules_Brazil.isx
	QSRules_Chile.isx
	QSRules_India.isx
	QSRules_Ireland.isx
	QSRules_Japan.isx
	QSRules_Korea.isx
	QSRules_Mexico.isx
	QSRules_Peru.isx
	QSRules_Russia_BETA.isx
	QSRules_Thailand.isx
	QSRules_TheNetherlands.isx

Sample Rule Sets:
	QSRules_Pharma_BETA.isx
	QSRules_Product.isx
	QSRules_Product.zip

Rule Set Tools:
	QSRules_Development_Package.isx
	QSRules_Development_Package.zip

The rules in .isx format must be imported using istools. Please refer to the InfoSphere QualityStage User Guide found in the IBM Information Server Documentation under the InfoSphere QualityStage section. 'Importing rule sets' can be found in Chapter 6 under the subheadings 'Managing rule sets' and 'Accessing rule sets'. An example of the command to type from a command prompt where the engine tier is installed: 

Windows 
istool.bat import -domain domain_name:port -username login_name -password password -archive "archive_file_name_with_path" -datastage server/project 

Linux/Unix 
istool import -domain domain_name:port -username login_name -password password -archive "archive_file_name_with_path" -datastage server/project

An example on a windows system looks like:
istool.bat import -domain MYMACHINE:9080 -username USERNAME -password PASSWORD -archive "C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\PXEngine\QSRules\QSRules_Argentina.isx" -datastage "MYMACHINE/MyProject"